Secondary Liver Cancer

My dad had bowel cancer that had spread to his Liver, he had 2 operations and chemo but it's back in the Liver and quite aggressive.

The doctor has told us dad has months left and there is nothing else they can do except a stronger Chemo that does not sound good for how long it will keep him with us.

Thinking about alternative methods, any suggestions? Not to cure but to maybe keep him with us longer.

Thanks in advance.

• Hello Nashtk421, 

Welcome to the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's diagnosis. It's understandable that you want to keep him around for as long as you're able to especially as the hospital have said that there are very limited options for him. 

We do have some information on our website about secondary liver cancer which I've linked for you. It's probably worth having a read through if you've not already done. You could also have a chat with our team of nurses about ways that you can support Dad to make sure that he stays as well and as comfortable as possible in the time he has left with you. You can call them on 0808 800 4040 and they're available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

I hope this helps. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator