Secondary breast cancer

Hi 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February, had a mastectomy in march and a lymph node biopsy. There was cancer in 4/4 nodes. I started chemotherapy in may followed by an op to remove the rest of my lymph nodes in October. Cancer was found in 8/13 nodes. Followed by 15 radiotherapy. 
I had a another CT scan and it's spread to my bones. Dr says CT was clear in February. 
I'm starting on tablets and injections to strengthen my bones. I'm 54 the last few months have been like a roller coaster. It's one thing after another I've had a good cry and I'm gonna start the medication and it will hopefully slow it down x

• I'm so sorry to hear your cancer has spread to your bones Linnymc.

I can't begin to imagine how it must have felt to receive this news but I hope writing this post and having a good cry really helped release some of the emotions you may have been contending with at that time.

Hopefully some of our members who have been in a similar situation will be along soon to offer you their support and advice but in the meantime I just want you to know we're thinking of you and wishing you all the best with your new course of medication and injections. 

If you'd like to discuss any of this with one of our cancer nurses, they're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m. They're very easy to talk to and will do all they can to help.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Linnymc, my partner Jane was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer over a year ago. Jane had a mastectomy 14 years ago. Jane like you has the tablets and injections for her bones on a monthly basis. We met with the oncologist yesterday re our monthly appointment. They told Jane the medication is doing its job. Good news yesterday, as she has been feeling down. It's great it is working, however they isn't much they can do for the pain. My response to your post is the medication does from our experience do help.

Ian