Secondary breast cancer

I am 41yrs old & since Feb 5th 2018 I have been diagnosed with breast cancer (HER2 + & ER+). Then a double whammy of being told it had spread to my liver (liver mets) making my diagnosis secondary breast cancer. I started chemo 2 days ago (herceptin perjeta & docetaxol) every 3weeks. Then it's watch & wait I guess!!! I have never used a forum before but would love to chat to anyone going through a similar situation. It's a very scary place to be x

• Hi there doogle. . So sorry your on our breast cancer journey ... there's quite a few of us on here ... I.m 8 months post mastectomy.. and a few others are here as well ... all at different stages and different treatments ... if you look on rilleyroo s   thread they are all there sharing their journey together, holding each other up on good days and hard ones ... jbains and sandra123 so hopefully they will pick up this thread and give you some support ... or if you write on theirs, as they have helped lots of newly diagnosed breast ladies ....

and the op itself wasn't half as bad as I'd imagined ... it really is a rollercoaster ride, but if you feel scared, just look round, wer all on that ride with you ... we have all had those feelings, esp in the early days ...mine was a grade 3 her 2 ... but I'm 63 so it's a tad easier at my age ...

Sending you a big "breast buddy" hug ... Chrissie xx