Secondary breast cancer

Breast cancer 10 years ago  secondary breast cancer now and has gone into lymph nodes in neck face tongue on the left side  offered chemo CARBOPLATIN has anyone any experience of this type of Chemo 

good luck to everyone living with cancer

but we are lucky to have the time to make nice memory's with the people we will leave behind

•  

Hi Colleen

I am so sorry to hear about  your secondary breast cancer with lymph node involvment.. This must have come as quite a shock after 10 years. I have no personal experience of Carboplatin, but would suggest that you use the search engine on the blue banner at the top of this page. This should bring up some previous posts on the topic.

Please let us know how you get on. Remember, there is always someone here for you whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Jolamine Not a shock they take so long to diagnose That is worked out it was cancer ages ago No problem in bones so not so bad they say chemo get rid of swollen lymph nodes Great Will keep posting take care x
  • '

Hi Colleen,

I am glad to hear that there is no bony involvment and that they say that they can get rid of the swollen lymph nodes with chemo.

Did they take any more tests today and did they give you another return appointment date?

Nobody wants a secondary involvment, but this sounds about as good as it gets. I shall keep an eye out for your posts.

Take care.

Jolamine xx

• 1st chemo CARBOPLATIN   Have a headache 

but not sure if should take Panadol. Have some drugs to take for few days anti sickness etc

only had a sandwich all day till 5ish so prob why headache   Supposed to take anti sick pill 12 hours after last one which was 3ish (3in the morning???)   It's Ondansetran  very tired so may nod off take care  regards Colleen

•  

Hi Colleen,

I would certainly have a headache if I'd only had a sandwich all day, so here's hoping that that was the reason. I would imagine that you can gradually work the Ondansetran round to a more sensible time.

I am thinking of you as you soldier on.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Jolamine Had 2nd chemo today fine so far had family staying Over few days each and my 70th managed to do 4hours in the garden Sunday yay. First week was the pits think have Domperidone instead ofondansetron consultant on telephone yesterday said, try as very icky for 7days taking doms same day as ondan did nothing No one to ring up to ask question How are you, I would like to know not jus being polite. X
  •  

Hi Colleen,

Sorry I've not been in touch for a while. I have been on holiday.

It sounds as if you are doing well with your chemo. I am glad to hear that you have been given Domperidone as well as the Ondansetron, but not so happy to hear that it wasn't making any difference. If it doesn't, let the nurses know, as there are other tablets that might be more helpful.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get out  to do some work in the garden - You did well to manage 4 hours. I love my garden, but I can't do much more than ½ an hour at a time. This doesn't make much impact on ½ an acre of garden!

Thank you for asking about my health. I'm doing fairly well at the moment. I have learnt that I have to accept my limitations, but I have no intention of letting them stop me from living life to the full.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Jolamine Hope your holiday was good. 1/2 acre omg Daunting mine is small but overlooked by loads of trees, loads of leaves to clear for a few months. I found cup of Bovril helped with sickness took no anti sickness pills at all will ask nurse to try others very tired this time vision disturbance, numb fingers Will try to do a little at a time in the garden as need to move plants to new positions Next session 31st then CT scan 8th. Let me know how u get on with your garden Take care regards Colleen
  •  

Hi Colleen,

I thoroughly enjoyed the break thanks. Lovely weather and ideallic quiet location in a spotlessly clean hotel.

I am just trying to tidy my garden up before winter sets in. Like you we have a lot of overhanging trees, which makes the leaves a challenge at this time of year.

Don't forget to have a chat with your nurse before you start your next session. I hope that this all leads to good news when you have your scan on 8th.

I saw the consultant a few weeks ago as I have terrible back pain, chronic constipation and occasional tummy pain which comes out of nothing in particular, but the pain is so severe that it brings me out in a sweat all over and I feel as if I am going to pass out. I had a radioactive full body scan before I saw him and he assured me that all was fine with my breasts and lymph nodes, but advised me to keep my routine appointment for January 2018 to get things checked out again. I was happy enough with that, but a letter arrived this morning with an appointment for 11th November. There is no explanation as to why this has been made, but I'm just hoping that they haven't found something sinister when re-visiting the scan. We never really get away from this, do we?

We have had so much rain here recently that it is difficult to get any work done in the garden, but I intend to tidy out the greenhouse tomorrow. We've had tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and strawberies in there this year. Will let you knowhow things go.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx