Scared beyond belief

Hubby just diagnosed at 58 Gleason 9 spread to one lymph node no symptoms other than peeing a lot , please some one give me hope , having PET scan this week had every other scan going . Drs saying 5 yrs praying this is worse case . Don't know how to help him . Keep crying .massive shock 

• Hi Polly.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer Feb 2016 , it'd gone to lymph nodes spine ribs pelvis and a lung,classed as Gleason 8 PSA 1581 stage 4  T3b N1 M1b .

Was still working, metal fabrication and welding feeling fine no problems ,had to retire at 67 to look after my disabled wife she has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's I'm her official carer. Still carrying on as normal as possible despite lockdown, just keeping positive and keeping fighting .

Best wishes for the future for you both.

Billy

• Thanks his PSA is only 12 but believe PET scan is checking if gone else where bone scan was ok. Thank god . He's fit n well otherwise but not much of one to do these things hence myself researching . Never had anything wrong with him either , so worried about him . But today I'm gonna try to think positive once this scan comes back we will know more .

• I have been diagnosed as having high grade prostate cancer, believed confined to the right side of my prostate. 8 out of 13 cores from the last biopsies, reveavled cancer with a Gleason score of 9. I am scueduled to have a bone scan on Wednesday 2nd December 2020. I then have to wait until the 22nd of February 2021 until I have a consultation with the Oncologist. That will be over the 'phone. I am worried that the cancer will have spread beyond my prostate by then. Am I frightened? Of course I am, but I am sort of fatalistic about it all, but at the same time trying to remain positive. I am trying to mitigate against the disease, exercising, eating a healthy diet and taking supplements that are said to slow down the growth of cancer, eg pomegranate and tumeric. Fingers croseed I'll be able to fight this - I'll be 70 in April 2021. My late father had prostate cancer and he lived until he was 88. My uncle has prostate cancer, has had treatment and is now 86.