Scared

Hi, 

Im a 42 year old mum of two. I recently started noticing a creamy yellow discharge in my bra,coming from one breast only, so I've booked an appointment with the dr for next week. Last night I was checking myself and found a hard lump in my nipple, now I'm terrified. 
I'm winding myself up something rotten, clutching at straws. Mr Google is not my friend. I've barely been able to concentrate, I cry every time I see my kids & hubby and think the worst. I'm a mess.

• Hi

I dont know what to say to give you any comfort. I know its useless to tell you not to worry becos I myself is super worried right now. I cant sleep. I cant eat. But I've been putting up a face and acting business as usual. Yet, I've been crying alone in my room for the past few days. I would give you a big hug if I could. I wish you the best.

Larry

• Morning Larry, 

I totally get it, I'm the biggest worry wart there is, if I'm told not to worry until I need to worry, you guessed it, I worry more ‍♀️

I've been exactly the same, I've not been eating properly, but i slept better last night. 

The best thing I did yesterday for myself was talk to my parents and friends. It did me the world of good, although I'm dreading my GP appointment on Tuesday. I'm just going through the motions at the moment, trying to keep busy for the hubby and kids.

Thankyou so much for reaching out, please keep me updated on your situation too. 

Sending lots of love your way. 
    Hazel xx 

• Hi Hazel,

Glad to know that you had better sleep last night.

I'm worried sick. As Tuesday is getting closer (appointment on the same day), I'm getting even more panic. Part of me want to get it over with right away. Part of me want to freeze time.

Anyway, let's hope we both get good news on Tuesday. 

Fingers crossed

Larry

• Hi Larry, 

I do know what you mean, as time has gone on today I've been getting more and more anxious. 
    I'm feeling exactly the same way as you. 
    Yes. Definitely. 
    Please keep me updated and I'll keep you updated too. 
    Sending lots of love to you 

Hazel x 

• Hello there and thanks for posting

I can appreciate you are worried about these symptoms but try not to over think things or let your mind run away with you for now.

Most symptoms have a simple and straightforward reason other than cancer and this includes nipple discharge.

Please don't google anymore if you can as it is unable to diagnose people or say what the matter is for you and usually increases people's anxiety levels unnecessarily.

You have done the right thing be seeing your GP and they will assess you and if need be refer you to the breast clinic just to be on the safe side.

Keep yourself busy and your mind on other things whilst waiting.

I hope everything works out okay for you but do get back in touch if you would like.

Best wishes

Naomi

• Hi Naomi, 

Thanks so much for replying, I know I've done totally the wrong thing with googling things. I'm such a worrier, I don't know why I do it to my self. With my family not living locally it's been so hard but I have got an amazing friends group for support. 

Oh, I've plenty to keep me going, packing for the Isle of Wight festival on Thursday and my son's school residential the following week. (I hate packing! lol)  My dog thinks it's his birthday every day, he's been on mamouth walks just to keep me out the house. 

I'll keep you updated. 
    Thanks again, 

Hazel 

• Hey Larry, 

Just checking in, how are you? 
    hazel x

• Hi Hazel,

Thank you for checking on me. So worried. Pacing around all the day. Hope you are doing ok.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Larry

• Oh have you, bless you. 
    I've kept myself so busy today, mainly packing for my son's residential next week(I hate packing!!)  so it's only no that I've sat down and thought about it. 
    I've got an early appointment so I'm going for coffee with my friend before hand and bless her she's coming with me as my hubby is working nights so Will only have just got in. 

Please let me know how you get on tomorrow 

Hazel xx

• Hi Naomi, 

just letting you know I've had my appointment, the Dr found the lump I was talking about, she said it was about 1cm she noted the discharge too. 
    I've been refered so will hear back in within 2 weeks. 
    Thsnks again for the support. 
    Hazel x