Scared

Hi guys Iam a breast cancer survivor in my 4th yr of remission but Iam so scared becouse I have thickening of my healthy breast and its not painful but above the breast near breast bone and shoulder is very tender to touch and dull ache and was wondering if any of you have had similar problems 

• Hello SurvivorJulie and a warm welcome to Cancer Chat

Lovely to hear from a breast cancer survivor - it's wonderful that you are on your fourth year of remission. 

I am sorry to hear though that you have been worried about your other breast. The best thing to do to put your mind at rest is to make an appointment with your GP so that the doctor can examine you. Do mention that you are experiencing this tenderness to touch and dull ache near your breast bone and shoulder. 

I hope you will also hear from others here who have had a similar experience. 

Best of luck with your appointment and if you have a chance let us know what the doctor said. 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• You poor thing, you must be so stressed out and worried about this after everything you have already been through. I know it's hard but see your doctor today if you can. The sooner you get checked over the better. You'll probably worry yourself sick until you know for sure what's going on in that area so please call your surgery. It's probably nothing to worry about but at least then you will have your mind put at rest. Xxx