Scared

in May I was told I had stage 2 vaginal cancer  5 weeks radiation with one day chemo each week, and then 4 sessions internal radiaiton

all went ok and not many side effects. scan early September shown no sign of cells  But now seem to have issues, ringing in the ears, blisters on lip and mouth, night sweats, and a pain on my left side,  I know I am  in the change .  Can’t sleep with worry  are these side effects normal or is the cancer back or is it in my head, 

seen thr consultant early October he was happy   Only had sweats then,  have requested to see him again waiting appointment 

are they side effects normal   How do I stop been up all night worrying the cancer is back. Any advise please

• Hi Bell,

As a cervical cancer survivor one thing I can tell you is that the anxiety we have can cause a lot of aches/pains, etc.  Try not to worry too much and follow up with your doctor, like you planned.  Also, there is a number you can call to speak with a nurse from this site, I believe.  Someone with medical training could probably talk to you about the other symptoms you are worried about - don't google!  Good luck and come back to tell us what you find out.

Laura xx

• Thanks for that. Will let you know 

• Hi there, the radiotherapy can cause you problems for many months, aches, joint pains, skin problems have all been dealt with, by me,  after my husband had radiotherapy for four full weeks.  Sometimes a blood test will show if you have been left with problems that will resolve themselves but need some form of help now.  As to having cancer in your head although given the good news, most people that have been through the same say they still worry.  So you're not alone in thinking this  and hopefully as time goes by you will relax a little more,  mindfulness classes are also helpful.   Good luck, Carol