Scared

Hello group,

I have recently been diagnosed with myxiod liposarcoma in my foot and I have just started having radiotherapy, is there anyone else who has this type as I feel so alone as I get told very little about it, I got to meet a cancer team a few weeks back when I was first diagnosed and giving some booklets but haven't seen anyone since, it's just rock up for radiotherapy then go home.

• Welcome to the Cancer Chat forum AngD although I'm really sorry to read that you're feeling so alone at the moment.

A member called [@Maish]‍ who posted a year or so ago was also feeling rather alone and wanting to connect with others with this diagnosis so fingers crossed they'll pop back on the forum to chat once they've been notified that I've mentioned them in this post. There is a discussion from a few years ago you may like to have a read of as well. It has been a while since those members posted on the forum but it couldn't do any harm to join in on that discussion and see if anyone pops back to reply to you there as well.

Our cancer nurses are just a phone call away and will answer any questions you have. They're available to chat to Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m on 0808 800 4040 so do give them a call next week if you feel chatting to them about this will help. You may find a lot of support and information on the sarcoma uk website so do have a look there when you can as well.

I hope this helps AngD and that your radiotherapy goes well when the time comes.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi AngD,

Welcome to our forum. I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, which I know little about. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer.

If you want to speak to others in a similar position to yourself can I suggest that you go to the blue banner at the top of this page? Here you will find the search facility on the left. If you type in  myxiod liposarcoma, this will bring up previous topics and, you should find what you are looking for.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you,

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx