Scan results

Getting results of Don's latest scan tomorrow. He has had 3 lots of  chemo and is still losing a couple of pounds of weight a week. Can't help thinking it won't be good news

• Hello Suenmags,

How did the appointment go yesterday? I have been keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok.

I am so sorry that Don has been losing so much weight. We are all here at any time of night or day if you need to talk to someone who understands what you are going through at the moment.

And if there's anything you need to talk through with our nurses about the scan results, feel free to give them a call on 0808 800 4040 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm)

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks Lucie

Not good result. Chemo hasn't stopped cancer it has grown  It was decided to stop chemo. Just a matter of controlling his pain and living the best we can for the few months he has left. Feeling sad and scared about what's to come

• Bless you both, just want to say I am so sorry that the chemo hasn't done anything to shrink the tumour.

It is an awful feeling when you know that nothing more can be done but somehow we cope because we have no choice.

Thinking of you both and sending warm wishes.

Lynne.

• I am so sorry to hear that :( I can understand why you are feeling sad and scared at the same time and just wanted you to know that the forum is there for you any time you need to offload.

Thinking of you and Don tonight and hope you are ok.

Lucie