Sad

Hi my mum died last Thursday the 6/8/18, she had bile duct cancer very rare i’m told. I found out in July she was gone in less than an eyes blink! I’m gutted, I have this pain in my chest that just won’t go away it’s the worst thing ever. I’m a long distance lorry driver due to start back work tomorrow and i’m Worried i’m not gonna be able to get back into it. I’ve had a week of but it just doesn’t seem enough i still feel very week. I used to ring my mum all the time and tell her in wich part of the country I was or when I was in Germany or Belgium abroad driving, she would be thrilled it was nice but now that’s all gone! I have a daughter and a lovely partner who i’m taking my anger out on slightly wich I feel real bad about but she’s handling it quite well at the moment. I suppose I just want to chat with people who are in the same place I feel i’m in. Anyways I already feel better about spilling this on here, I hope this is what it’s meant for thanks x

• so sorry for you - losing your mum is the most devasting thing that happens (as well as losing any family member) but your mum has been that constant since day 1 - its 21 years since I lost my mum and it still hurts terribly - but then I remember the good times - funny times with her
    You have a loving family who are feeling your pain - stay close to them
    If you really feel you cannot go back to work yet - go your doctors for help

• Thanks loads that’s real nice of you to reply.  I just want to talk to other people that have felt the same, it’s hard for my partner she just get’s scared about loosing her mum because she‘a seen a normally strong man be broken like this. I really didn’t expect it to do this to me it’s kinda freaked me out.. 

• Hi kelmo ..

Your deffinatly not alone .. lots of us have been where you are now .. there's so many on here writting their threads ... I lost both my wonderfull parents in my 30s ... they were a huge part of my life ..

Your in that first raw year .. so know it's normal ... it's an adjustment time ... it's part of life, loosing our parents ... I felt all your feeling ... but I realised if mum could look down , and see me not coping, she'd tell me to pull myself together, as she was full of love and laughter ... that's what would make her smile up there, to see us carrying on, but bringing her with us in our hearts ..

Your a parent and they will learn from you ... one day they will have loosing you to cope with ... so give them as many wonderfull memories as you can ... and hold on to that wife of yours .. so many couples separate because of grief ... feel it, miss her, and then realise what you still have ... 

Don't cry because you loose someone.... Smile because you were blessed to have had them in your life .. Chrissie xx