Results

My husband had rectal cancer 2 years ago. He had chemotherapy and radiotherapy prior to surgery and made a fully recovery. He has just had his annual scan and the results have shown inflammation in one of the lungs. The scan will be repeated in 6 months. Has anyone had a similar experience? Could this be cancer?
thank you

• Hi Healthylifestyle and welcome to the forum 

I'm sorry about the inflammation that was found on your husband's lungs but it's good they're going to keep an eye on it and do another scan in 6 months time. 

Although no one here can say what this means I'm sure some of our members who have been in a similar position will share their experiences and advice with you soon.

Best wishes to you both,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate that. Since posting I have managed to speak to a nurse from the hospital who said that because the inflammation wasn't there at the last scan it has been flagged up to re scan in 6 months. I am hoping someone can tell me if they had similar and, if so, what the outcome was. The nurse also told me that having had rectal cancer, if it comes back it can go to the lungs.