Remission

Well, it's been 3 months since my stem cell transplant, what an exhausting emotional journey thelast year and some months has been! It only took the best part of a year of treatment, 3 failed types of chemo which led to a 4th chemo and a stem cell transplant to finally get me on the road to recovery. I was so glad to find out I was in remission, which was needed to have the transplant, and hearing that after the first scan since, that I am still in remission. I honestly don't think I could have taken the 4th chemo failing, I don't know what I would have done if it did.

And hopefully now that the restrictions are being eased, I can return to work in April, I've lost so much money through Covid, so I now have something to look forward to (I think, I mean, who actaully enjoys going to work??  :devil: )

Stay safe  :)

• All I can say is congratulations! And as for work and enjoying work, that's all I've wanted to get back to after my cancer journey but still not there yet due to shielding and struggling with fatigue anyway. It'll be hard returning to work when those around me moan. You never know what you've got until you almost (thankfully) lose it completely.

Just remember to take care of yourself. That comes before work no matter how much you like it.

• Congratulations! It's wonderful to hear success stories on this forum. 

Wishing you love on your future. All the best! XXX

• Hi there  :)

Thanks for your reply and best wishes  :)  To be honest I was a bit wary of posting this, but thought I'd try and show a bit of positivity. The last year and few months have been a hell of a journey, and although I've been in remission since October, doesn't mean I'm out of the woods so to speak yet. But, now that the lockdown is easing, I can go back to work, yay! So I can finally, after just over a year out due to Covid, get back to some kinda normal life, whatever the hell that is!  Lol

Stay safe

Tim 

X

• Hi there, thanks for your reply  :)

Yeah I can agree, it will be a while before I am back to my normal(ish) self, still feeling tired here and there, and not really done much with my time other than being in and out of hospital. Lol, I wouldn't say I like going to work, but it's part of a regular lifestyle that I miss.

Keep well, stay safe