Referred to breast clinic

Hi, I am wide awake, worrying at 4am! 

I found a lump and the GP has referred me to the breast clinic and says I will hopefully have an app next week. 

I am also due to go on holiday at the end of this month, when I mentioned this, my GP said I may have to rearrange? I am now wondering whether this is the best thing to do, as obviously if the news is bad, will treatment and things start straight away once diagnosed? 

Thank you for listening x

• Hi Amaash47

so sorry you are on here but welcome! 

If the results from tests do show breast cancer, rest assured that things start to move along quickly. The breast nurses and doctors are amazing and are experts at all this! At the clinic you may require a mammogram and/or an ultrasound, a biopsy (doesn't hurt) and then you wait for the results. I only had a week to wait however this varies. 

If you can wait until you have been seen at the clinic before cancelling your hols, then great.

Your lump may be something else completely! Not all lumps are cancer. 

Good luck and sending you a virtual hug! 

Cx

• Hi

i found a lump 4 weeks ago & went to my local breast clinic Monday before last.  My Gp told me she wasn’t concerned but they were unsure at the clinic & did the triple test. I’m sure the nurse said to me before I left that if they were worried or the biopsy results came back positive I would get a call within two weeks to go back & if it was clear they would just write to me. I was beginning to relax but then I got a call yesterday asking me to go in first thing Monday morning. I asked if it was bad news but she said she couldn’t tell me! I am now going out of my mind. Does anybody know if good news is ever given out in person or should I prepare for the worst.  

I totally know how you feel Amaash I don’t think i’ve slept or eaten in weeks now! Fabulous for the diet but I swear i’ve aged about 10 years!

• Hi Louise 

I think the procedure is to tell you results face to face, good or bad. I don't think that results are discussed over the phone. It is a good idea to take someone with you and then you have 2 sets of ears to make sure you get all the conversation! 

Good luck and remember the support on here is brilliant. 

Cx