Referred to breast cancer clinic at 21

Hi,

First post on the forum.

I have a large lump at the side of my breast. It is only visible when I raise my arm, but it is quite large.

Also it feels quite strained? Not sure if I'm mistaking this for pain. I had asked the doctor & they said there is no muscle in this area but that's the only way I can explain it.

I went to the doctors & they've reffered me to a breast clinic. 

I know I shouldn't google... but it's quite a hard lump & has no movement, not like with fatty lumps etc.

Not sure what I'm asking for exactly. But surely my chances of breast cancer at 21 are quite slim?

Also I haven't told anyone unless it turns out to be the worst outcome.

Should I tell my family?

• Hi and welcome ...

It's so scary while waiting for tests ... but your right 8.5 breast lumps are o.k ... and the odds are even better at your age ... although it's not impossible...

Please tell someone... you'll deff need a hand to hold .. esp for tests and results ... so they can give you a high five if o.k and a shoulder if not .. 

Try to think how you'd feel, if someone you love was going through this and didn't tell you ... I had 5 call back from mamorgrams .... on a couple of those times l did it alone ..  when I got the good news , there was no one to give me a high 5 ... 

The last one was positive .. and the best thing I did was let my family in ... they were there every step of the way ... I'd never felt so loved .. yes there were tears .. but they were shared tears ... and now I know, don't ever keep it from them ... and here's hoping it is a high 5 you get ...

Breast cancer is a lot more treatable now ... there's lots of us on here ... so your not alone ...

Sending you a vertual hug  ... Chrissie xx