Recently lost my dad

On the 10/11/2019 at 21:30pm my dad sadly passed away, I was there from 14:00pm. My dad has been fighting with non-hogkina lymphoma at stage 4 last year he went through a stem cell transplant it didn't work so from the start of this year he went through bits of it again. A few months ago they said they couldn't find no cancer cells. Which was amazing but sadly he caught an infection as it left him with no immune system. He caught sepsis, additional to this he had something Wrong with his liver they couldn't sort this, he was put on a ventilator around 16hrs before he died. All the drugs he was given were putting strain on his organs. He could of had a heart attack so they decided to take him off it.  I watched it all I held his hand all the way through till he passed. As he was passing his nose started to bleed he started to gag, which was such a horrible thing to see. The tube was eventually taken out as the ventilator was turned off I saw him take his last breath and it broke my heart I wanted to scream but it was a crying scream. Only person who comforted me was my cousin. We had family surrounding us but I'm fostered and it was so hard for me as I've never had someone to talk to. I held my dad's hand all the way through feeling him go from his warm blooded self to cold I hated it. I wanted him back. I'm struggling so hard the past 5 days I haven't moved out of bed I've rarely eaten, I feel sick to my stomach and I can rarely sleep. And now I'm struggling so bad I can't cope like I've been feeling like I don't even wanna be here. It's hard for me to talk to anyone as I rarely have any friends I don't really have family I can talk to as well. I need some help, I'm trying my best not to do anything as my dad was proud of so much I've been through and where I am now I've been in a good place but rn I feel like I'm going to spiral out of control any minute. 

I really need some advise? 

• Hi tegan ...

Oh hunny, I'm so so sorry .. you really need to tell someone how desperate you are .. if your in foster care, there must be a care worker for you to call .. there's the Samaritans,  sorry I don't have their number but put that in the search engine and a number should come up ..

You've been through a trauma .. you must be young if your in foster care .. do you go to school .. if so is there someone there you can talk too ... I'm sure your dad would tell you to hold on, as you said he was very proud of what you've achieved... the first year is raw .. what your feeling is normal in those early days ... ask your foster carer to help get you councilling... but tell them how desperate you feel .. 

War always here, if you want to chat or vent or chat about your dad .. and there's a free phone number on here to call and speak to our nurses , Monday to Friday 9 to 5 ... give them a call ..

Sending you a vertual hug... hold on ... Chrissie xx 

• Hello Tegan.02, 

I am so sorry for your loss and how tough things have been for you in recent days. As you rightly said yourself, your dad would not want to see you like that so it's important that you seek the help you so desperately need at the moment. 

Chriss has given you some good points of contact and you can find the Samaritans contact details on this page. Do give them a call at any time of day or night they are there to listen to you. I think it would be a good idea to talk to your foster carer about how you are feeling and see if you can maybe see a GP so that you can get some help very soon. 

Keep strong Tegan.02 we are all here for you during this difficult time. So many members of our forum have lost a loved one recently and understand exactly how you are feeling at the moment.

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator 

• Hi tigen bless you ime sorry your suffering alone but you dont have to like crissi said the samaritans are great its i freephone number so you dont have to pay from your mobile just give them a ring say ime struggling they will do the rest . But the first thing you need to do is ring your gp surgery make a double appointment if you have difficulty talking just show the dr the post you did let him read it he will know how to help you do it soon tell the gp receptionist that your feeling you dont want to be here .once you start the ball rolling you will feel less futile .the same thing happend to my partner she contracted sepsis because her immune system was gone and died in two days .i had sepsis about two months ago spent 8 days in hospital and ime pretty fit for an old git lol i was lucky your not alone now we are here .one thing i mention this to people who have lost loved ones theres a post on here from sarapine8 about sighns after loss you may find it a real comfort we never realy die just the body we have wears out but the energy is still there you just cant see it you will understand when you read it then come back and tell us what you think you might find your views on death have changed .best wishs to you waiting crissie and otheres will be here we are not drs or anything but we have been through the university of life and thats the best one .paul