Recently diagnosed

Hi I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks ago, I’ve since then been told I have two tiny spots on my liver and a tiny spot on my spine. 

I have started monthly stomach injections daily tablets and now going to have injections in my spine every 6 weeks. I’m possibly looking at surgery on my breast and my liver depending on how I respond to treatment 

Its so overwhelming to take it all in, I’m a mother to 3 children 17, 14 and 10 months. I have a supportive partner and family but it’s hard to explain to people if they’ve never experienced all the tests treatments etc

Anyone else had similar treatment? 

• Hi 79mumof3 and welcome to the Cancer Chat forum.

We have many members with varying degrees of breast cancer so hopefully those who are in a similar situation to yourself will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences with you.

Do keep us updated when you can and remember that you'll always have a safe space here to share your thoughts and feelings as you embark on this journey.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• So sorry to hear about your diagnosis

Sorry but I don't have knowledge or experinence of you particular diagnosis but just wanted to say hello and let at this difficult time. Some one said something to me a few days ago which made me reflect and helped calm my thoughts so thought i would share.

With all the current treatments cancer can now be seen in some incidences as a chronic illness and things are improving all the time. Keep strong and hope things settle for you.

• Thank you so much! That’s made me feel more comfortable with the situation. 

Its scary to hear the word ‘cancer’ you worry what will happen, are you going to die? Etc  I’ve felt more worried for my family, seeing them upset has broke my heart. 

I’m seeing my chemo doctor for a follow up Tuesday morning as I’ve started all my treatments now.