Recently Diagnosed

Hi Everyone

Not sure why im posting or what im going to post but have been reading through everyones stories and felt like thi is the best place to get honest answers!

Im 33 and recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, im due to start my chemo on 29th April FEC-T - i know all the usual side effects and just wondered if there was any others that people have experienced?

How much does it really effect your day to day life? I have 3 children (12,8 and 1) so i have no option but to be ok! My husband is amazaing but i dont want to be that burden or have the kids see me unable to get out of bed. 

I suppose im finding it hard to comprehend at the moment as im fit and well and living. normal life even with the cancer, but its not the cancer that makes you ill its the treatment, i dont think it will sink in until it starts, is that normal?

Anyway sorry for ramling on! 

MrsWoo

• Hello, sorry you find yourself on here although your in good company.

Im currently going through fec ( had cycle 4 last Thursday) and what I can tell you is that life does carry on....  make sure you get any dental work done before it all kicks off. Chemo has a habit of finding your weak spots, so for me it's my vertigo that affects me the worse.

The week following chemo is really tough for me however I do know of plenty of ladies who can carry on regardless.....

Accept help when it's offered and try and rest whenever you can. For me the hardest thing was handing myself over...I'm a complete control freak! 

I didnt read up too much on the side effects and faced things if and when they came....I can have a habit of conjuring up things if I read about them!!?? 

Good luck hun, it's no walk in the park but it's totally doable.....I promise xxxx

• Hi

thank you for your responce. I suppose it is a control thing, in that its completely out of our control. Thats the scariest thing!

I suppose i was ignorant to the fact that im only 33 'it wont happen to me' yet here i am! 

Its good to hear that life does carry on, i supose havgin the 3 kids gives me more fight to get out of bed if im having a tough day - but yes the mot advice i have received is to rest as much as i can, although with a 1 year old thats few and far between! lol!

Ive heard a lot of people day that the first 1 or 2 treatments they have been fine but 3rd treatment on is when they start to feel the side effects more, would you say this as well? 

Also if you dont mind me asking, have you lost your hair? how quickly after your first cycle did it begin to fall out? I have an appointment at a wig shop tommorow which im quite anxious about!

MrsWoo

xx

• The first cycle was defo my worse, I ended up in hospital the following day due to vomiting, but by my second cycle things were tweaked and anti sickness upped...I think the chemo does build up but I can sense a pattern to them now.

my hair went south just a few days after first cycle, but I really enjoyed the wig fitting!  And have the most fabulous wig but I quite like my turbans, they are cooler and quicker to pop on..my eyebrows have gone too now, so I look like an alien! I did look into microblading but didn't have time to get it done...

The strangest thing is that I still have hairy legs ( be damned if I'm shaving them) 

xxxxx

• Yeah I suppose our bodies need time to adjust which is understandable. Yeah my nurse said that my hair would begin to fall out rapidly after my first cycle so am prepared for that. Luckily I’ve already had microblading done a few times so won’t be that bad when my eyebrows go! Thank you for all your advice, I’ll be sure to update next week once I’ve had my treatment on Monday! MrsWoo Xx
  • Will be thinking of you Hun, good luck and yes, keep me posted xxx