Recent diagnosis

Hi, asking for advice and support. I recently had a biopsy done on a lump on my breast which they thought was a Fibroadenoma but no concerns were raised and it was sent away for testing. I had the devastating news yesterday that it was malignant but was not the primary source of the cancer and I’m now waiting for an appointment for a full body CT scan. My world has been turned upside down and I would appreciate any responses and advice. I’m 48 years old xx

• Hi there,

I am sorry that this news brings you here. I too had a suspected fibroadenoma,  that turned out to be breast  cancer. I am 41, my tumour is 5cm,  and I am stage 3. I will start with chemo, to shrink tumour and then surgery.

I had my CT scan on Thursday and my Bone Scam yesterday . Now waiting for results. Very anxious. 

What else have they told you? I understand that this news can turn your world upside down. It's scary and uncertain. I have been very up and down. It's the shock and trying to digest the news. Try and avoid Google. Speak to your breast canxer nurse about your worries, that is what they are there for.

Do you have any indication of a treatment plan as yet?

X

• Hello Ollie6; I read your previous correspondence with Chrissie and am so sorry that the news is not good.  (Incidentally, Chrissie will not be here for a few weeks otherwise I am sure she would get back to you herself.)  You must feel the bottom has dropped out of your world. I hope you get your further scan quickly as at least then you will know what you are dealing with and can get going on treatment.    In a previous post you mention family so I hope you have plenty of close people who love you and are giving you the support you need as you go through this.  And of course you will always be so welcome here if you want to let off steam and share your worries.  Let's get this thing kicked into touch.  Best wishes.  Annie

• Thanks for getting back to me Annie. My family have been so supportive and I’m trying to remain positive but I’m in a permanent state of shock. I’ve started having a lot of pain so will be in touch with my breast care nurse. I’m so desperate for this scan to be arranged and know what I’m dealing with. No treatment has been mentioned at all at the moment. All I was told was the diagnosis and nothing else.

• Hi purple 2018, I’m so sorry to learn of your diagnosis and fully understand your shock. It’s good that a treatment plan has been started and you can get going getting all sorted out.

Ive only been given the diagnosis and no mention of a treatment plan so feel very much in limbo. I’ve experienced pain which is getting worse since my biopsy so will be in touch with my breast cancer nurse today. I’ve certainly avoided anything to do with googling and I’m certainly not going to go there!

Best wishes with your treatment and let me know how you get on x.

• Hi Ollie 6,

Sorry to hear that you are having pain since biopsy,  your breast cancer nurse will be able to help.

I hope that you get your treatment plan soon. 

I think once I know ct/bone scan results, that will be another piece of the jigsaw!

Wishing you the best with your treatment and let me know how you get on. X

• So sorry that you have found yourself on here but this forum has been a god send to me, I was diagnosed Just before Christmas and will have a lumpectomy on January 3rd.....no idea what happens after that.

its a whirlwind isn't it! And the waiting is excruciating....cancer is something that happens to other people! I think I have been through every possible emotion there is....you will find lovely support on here, we prop each other up....let us know what happens? Xxxxx

• Hi Marilyn, 

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry you find yourself here too! The support on here, has helped so much! 

That is good you have your lumpectomy on 3 Jan.  I hope it all goes well for you.

My emotions like yours, are completely up and down. The worst part I've found, is waiting for scan results, and that is where I am right now

Will be thinking about you on 3rd, let us know how you get on xxx

• Thank you purple, I had a melt down in m&s the other day, all because there was a woman coughing and sneezing in the night wear dept....and I wanted some pajamas..... the thought of my surgery being cancelled due to catching a cold !!

yrs, I will post post op! Hope it's all going your way too xxxxx

• I feel same Marlyn. I am getting over a cold and now have sinus and ear congestion.  Due to have a node biopsy under general anaesthetic tomorrow,  but they are unsure if it will go ahead or not. Good Luck with your op.  Xxx

• Fingers crossed your op can go ahead! The hanging around and waiting is just horrible xxx