Recalled after mammogram

Hi

i went for my yearly mammogram appointment last week and received a letter the next day saying that I need further tests, 

cancer is in my family so think this is why I’m panicking more, normally after my mammogram I have an ultrasound but this time they didn’t do that, so it could be I need that but all I keep thinking is they have previous mammogram images to compare it with, The waiting is awful, 

• Hi Kitkqt, 

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear that you're worried about being recalled after your mammogram. 

I think it's understandable if you have a family history that you're feeling worried about things however try to keep in mind that the majority of women who are recalled don't have cancer. You might find it helpful to have a read through this blog on the Breast Cancer Care website. 

If you'd like to talk things through with one of our team of nurses please do give them a call. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

I hope that you don't have to wait too long for your appointment. Let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator