Really worried… :(

Hey everyone,

I have never actually posted in a forum before but I have been worrying like mad all weekend and keeping it to myself incase I am just overthinking things and the worst. I've had an ongoing dry cough last few months, feeling very fatigued and recently developed a sharp pain in left side of chest after walking etc. I am 35, had early stage breast cancer in 2017 when I was 31 and had a double mastectomy, I was on hormone therapy for the first three years. I went to doctors last week and they referred me for an urgent chest X-ray, I am currently waiting on results. My bloodwork came back as mildly raised infection. I have a young daughter and feel so upset inside and thinking the worst, as in potential secondary cancer in the lungs. I also have a mutation in braca2 gene but the mutation came back as variant of unknown significance so they still don't know if caused the breast cancer. There is probably many things it could be but I don't have a fever or ill in any other way. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks x

• Hello Reenie-M,

As you say it could be many things that are causing the symptoms, so try not to overthink things as this only have a negative impact on your mental health. Hopefully you'll know more soon and don't afriad to ask your doctor any questions you might have. This can help be informed about next steps.

Best wishes,

Moderator Anastasia