Really need advice on the end stage of stage 4 lung cancer

Hello everyone. My mother-in law was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in January this year. She confessed she had new she had it a long time before she found out but put off going till January. 

Its been six/seven month since then and she has had 3 treatments of chemo but it never worked so they tried immunotherapy and she hasn’t even had her second treatment as she has ended up in hospital. 

Right now she has lost over two stone in no less than a month. She has been in hospital now three weeks and has not ate nothing and drank very little. She looks like a corpse. She won’t talk to anyone apart from yes no and hello. She won’t see her husband either and will only let me and my partner see her and also won’t have the curtains open or light on in her room.  It’s heartbreaking. Even though she isint eating she’s still throwing up regularly and she is wearing big pads as the diarrhoea is just coming out of her constantly without her even realising. And the colour of the fluid coming out is just green also the sick is green too. And it’s not just a little bit. It’s so much coming out of her. On three weeks she’s gone from talking eating and walking to bed bound in a wheel chair and can’t self care nomore. She now has a feeding tube in and is on a constant drip. Can anyone give me advice if this has ever happened to anyone you know or what we should expect in the next few weeks. Could she pull through from this??? 

• Hi there ... So so sorry, it's heartbreaking to read your thread ... But what an amazing son in law and hubby to her daughter ...

I'm not medically qualified but it does sound to me she's on the home stretch ... My brother in law was the same ... How long ... No one knows ...  We've just had a daughter on here how her dad was in hospice twice and called in both times because he looked like he was near the end of his journey.... And both times bounced back ... Now gone home and he was in his 80s ... My super hero ..

And others fit and young can go so quickly ... So they can only give you a rough idea ... There is a thread on the home page here... If you put "end of life signs" in the serch engine it may give you a lot more info .. though they say it can be a hard read ... 

Please remember her hubby ... I think she must love him so much, she's shielding him from seeing her so I'll ... He will need a hand to hold and someone to listen to his feelings ... Keep him in the loop ... And he'll need you both after ... They go from a pair to living alone ... And it's a really hard and lonely place to be ...

So sending you all a vertual hug ... I just hope with all my heart she's not in too much pain ... Chrissie x

• Do you know if the green poo is normal and the green sick at then end of life ? I’m so worried for my partner as she honestly thinks she’s going to come back from this and I honestly think she’s not. It’s so hard x

• Hi Mishamoo1 

It's so hard to predict this - have you asked the nurses or doctors to give you some advice? They are best placed to tell you what this all might be indicative of.

It's easier said than done but you can only take it a day at a time - if she is still here and finding some comfort in you and your partner being there, then that is all you can do right now.

Lots of love to you x

• Hi there ..

If you phone McMillan and tell them, they have nurses that can advise ... and if you need help, they can sort that too ... reach out, there is help and medical advice out there ... there's a free phone number here too ... sure one will have the info you want ...  chrissie  x