Re-occurance; 26 y/o son has brain tumour for 2nd time

Hi,my son had a brain tumor in 2005 aged 11. Removal, chemo/ radiotherapy..all well until this week..now diagnosed with another brain tumor,nasal/ sinus tumor .had surgery yesterday for removal of brain tumor but awaiting biopsy results to discuss further options..looks like reoccurrence is from previous head radio therapy.Am heartbroken, he's 26 6 months off qualifying as an architect..he is my only child,his dad my husband died in 2007 and we are so close..desperate 

• Hello Loulou1960 and a warm welcome to Cancer Chat! 

I am so sorry to hear that your son has been diagnosed with another brain tumour. I hope that he is recovering well from the surgery and that you won't have to wait too long for your biopsy results. Hopefully you will find out more soon about his treatment options. It must be truly heartbreaking for you and all the more so as you've been through all this before in 2005. You must be so proud of him too for being a nearly qualified architect. It's so sad that you lost your husband in 2007 just two years after your son's first brain tumour surgery.

I just wanted you to know that we are all here for you anytime you need to talk to others who understand what you are going through at the moment. Our nurses are also available on this free number 0808 800 4040 if you would like to talk things through with them - their helpline is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

We're thinking of you and your son during this difficult time and I hope that you get some information soon about what his treatment options will be. Keep us updated if you get a moment when you find out more about the biopsy results. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator