Radiotherapy 8 sessions on

Had 8 sessions of radio now, not as bad as I thought tbh, seems to be getting easier with each one. Using double base gel which seems to be doing a gd job at moisturising but getting a bit red now. Wondering whether to switch to aloe vera gel or stick with double base. Any words of wisdom anyone ?? 

• Hi Vicqui, good to hear you are coping so well with the radio. I used 100% organic aloe vera gel which instantly cooled my skin as well as Diprobase at least three times a day to keep it moistened. They have probably advised you that any skin reaction may be worse towards the end of your treatment and for a couple of weeks after so keep slapping on whatever you choose and have warm rather than hot showers. You may find that your boob/s will feel swollen and a bit lumpy for a while but this is a normal reaction to the treatment and it should calm down quite quickly. 

Good luck with the rest of your sessions and do let me know how you get on.

Take care  Sue x

• Hi, thanks for replying Sue. I thought it was one or the other with the cream but shall try both then, I need cooling & moisturising so will do that thank u. Next Friday is my last normal radio then I gota have 8 at boost. I've heard that's the worst bit so not looking forward to that!

Roll on May 11th, my last one.

Hope u are well & thank u for taking the time to reply.

Will certainly let you know how I get on. Thank u again for caring.

Vic xx 

• Hi Vic. I've finished my all over rad treatments & am on top ups now. I have suffered a bit with skin being sore & now have burning. Shooting pains have always been there. I used E45 morning & night before i started & throughout. Even though the skin has darkened & is very pink it hasn't broken. Glad to hear you're finding it bearable. I do my last top up tomorrow & plan to celebrate with a drink! Good luck.
  • hi Jbains. Thank u for replying & for the advice. so glad you are nearly finished & u r OK after it all. I think u should have 2 drinks tomoro. You've defo earned them. well done anyway. Keep smiling & wishing u well for the future. xx