Radiotherapy

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June. Had my operation June 19. I had the lump removed and 2 lymph nodes. On my follow up appointment I was relieved to be told the cancer hadn’t spread and it had all been removed. I started HRT which I am taking for 5 years. I’ve also got to have 3 weeks of radiotherapy. Thursday I went to see Dr  and was told I would get a telephone call later that day or yesterday and that I would probably start radiotherapy beginning of September but 4 weeks treatment. I had no phone call but received an appointment in the post for an appointment December 13th. This has worried me as I was told as long as I started radiotherapy within 6 months of surgery that was ok. Am I worrying over nothing I am just totally confused and really down now 

• Hi there ..

If I were you I'd give your oncology team a call and ask for more clarity ... I'm sure they could put your mind at rest ... write your questions down, and write down what they say as it's so easy to let it go over your head .. but make sure you understand what they say .. if not say you need a simple explanation..

Good luck ... let us know how it goes ...  Chrissie x

• Hello Christie. Rang the hospital this morning and there seems to of been a mix up. Been told I have got an appointment this Thursday (22nd) for CT scan so hopefully will be told when I will start my radiotherapy. Thank you for replying..... Ann x