PSA 45

My dad is 78 years old and has a PSA of 45! He has had an mri a bone scan and now prostate scan alongside biopsies. We now have to wait 3 weeks for his results to come through. I am absolutely distraught as I have convinced myself he has Prostate cancer with bone metastesis. Dad sleeps a lot and suffers with hip and back pain. The latter could be arthritis but I can't sleep for worrying about the worst. 

• Hi jollyjet, psa is only a rough guide just because there doing other tests doesn't mean it's spread further anyway prostate cancer is not a death sentence we can only help you slightly with not having all the results, but [@telemando]‍ hopefully will give you some ideas,, mine is more advanced to lymph nodes, spine, ribs, pelvis and a lung i was diagnosed in Feb 2016, stage 4 gleason 8 psa 1581 I'm still on the go I've put my details to give you some idea. Best wishes.. Billy 

• Hi JollyJet

Waiting for results is torture, but until they come through, no-one knows what is your Dad's situation. 

As you can see from the post by [@Billygoat]‍, his PSA was very much higher than your Dad's, but he is still with us, always spreading good cheer and optimism. 

I know it's difficult, but you must try not to worry.  When you get the results, if you would like to share them with us, we'll try to help, but of course we're not doctors.