Prostate surgery

we have been on an emotional roller coaster for 6 month, finally my husband had  surgery to remove his prostate and lymph nodes 14.06.17

the op was suppose to be the end of the roller coaster ride but after the op he got blood clots on his lungs and sepsis so was quite poorly.

he is now home and I thought on the mend and just waiting for results from lymph nodes but now he is having problems with the catheter, he is loosing weight and I am terrified that he might still have cancer somewhere else. I can't seem to see a light at the end of the tunnel yet and it's getting me down so much I feel exhausted. Hopefully I'm just over worrying 

• Hello debz64,

I’m sorry to hear that your husband experienced complications after his operation and that he is now having all these problems with the catheter and weight loss.

It is easy to understand why you are concerned but try not to worry too much before you hear back from his doctors. I know it is easier said than done but keeping your mind busy with other things might help.

If you feel like speaking to someone on the phone, please know that our nurses are available on this freephone number 0808 800 4040, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

And once you find out more, come back and let us know, we're keeping our fingers crossed for you and your husband.

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator