Prostate cancer

Hi, yesterday I posted a question about anyone diagnosed with prostate metastic cancer of the spine with a low PSA reading.

some more background, I have been suffering with an enlarged prostate for about 5 years, taking tamsulosin, my PSA reading have all been between 1.5 and 1.7, until the latest two which wer a lot lower at .7 and .79, latest one done a fortnight ago.

i have been suffering back and hip pain for a month and now have lost some strength in my one leg with foot drop, at first I was diagnosed with bursitis, but today my GP ordered a whole load of bloods and an MRI scan.

the MRI scan will take some organising as I have a pace maker, which can be set to safe mode, nonetheless still some planning required.

5 months ago I have a complete spinal CT scan done and nothing was reported as looking out of place.

however I can’t get out of my head I have PC, propbably as my cousin a few years ago was diagnosed with advanced PC with no obvious previous symptoms.

i know it’s a long shot but my question is really has anyone in here with spinal Tumors have any idea how quickly they grow, mt thinking is that if my ct scan was clear 5 months ago and I have spinal tumours now they must be very fast growing.

Anyinw got any experience of this.

I know i am sounding slightly loony but I am going out of my mind with worry.

THANKS

• Hello Redcollector

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this health concern at the moment. It's a positive sign that your PSA results and recent CT scan have come back with no cause for concern. 

Given that your cousin previously was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer it's understandable that you may experience some anxiety about your health. Please do speak to your GP about this issue as they will be able to help. You might also find it useful to have a look at the NHS Moodzone website

I do hope that you don't have to wait too long for the other tests your GP has ordered and that they bring you some reassurance and answers. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator