Prostate cancer

Hi new here. I was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer in march 2015. I be had various drugs which worked for a time but now the oncology people are talking about chemo. I'm very down presently and wonder if anyone on here might have some good news they might share.

• Hi,

Thanks for sharing your cancer expeiance.I was diagnosed with prostate cancer nearly 7 years ago. I had a psa of 70 and a gleeson of 3+3=6. After a few months on hormone therapy a 37 radiotherapy sessions, My psa came right down to 0.01, the lowest they can measure.I consider myself very lucky and belive my wife saved my life by making me go to my GP.(I had none of the usual symptoms). Even now my psa is still only 0.91 so still very low.

It is very easy to become down. One of the lovely ladies who used to post on here when I first joined kept a little book and used to write down all the good things that happened during the day, no matter how small. She said it helped her to stay posiive and also helped her cope.

Honestly I can say to you, in my case cancer has changed my life for the better for I am much more appreciative of the simple little things in life and it also changed the way I look at life. I hope my story helps you in some way. Please keep in touch and I wish you good results for the future, Brian.

• Thanks for the reply Woodworm. If only I had done as you did my prognosis wouldn't be so dire. Oh well such is life. Long may you remain in remission.
  • i had prostate cancer 8 years ago and had only radiotherapy. I had no funny , nasty reactions. Since then i have had three years of quarterly injections, zoladex first, Now 1 year in on second set. PSA now going up slowly and has reached 1.1

What has happened in your case did you go down the chemo route? Hope everything is ok

Alec

• Hi Alec I've sent you a friend request just to ask you a few questions if that's ok with you, many thanks.

• Ok with me,  pleased to help but never had a friend request before and so far have received nothing except this message.

Alec