Post menopausal bleeding

Hi ... Bit late to post but very worried and panicking finished periods about 5/6 yrs ago had regular smear test all ok .

last Tuesday woke up and noticed I had started bleeding which lasted 5/6 days and have slight achy cramping... Phoned Dr and got referred to Gyno department have been literally living a nightmare.. as far as I'm concerned that's it I've going to be told I've got cancer , dead , buried and forgotten. Have got my appointment tomorrow at 3pm .. 

Has anyone else not had a bleed for a long while and it's been ok or does it always end in Cancer 

Thanks for reading 

• Hi Ronina, I have had a post menopausal bleed recently, mine is accompanied by "period pains", hip pain, random stomach pains, dihorrea and fatigue. I too, have been referred to the gynaecologist for tests under the 2 week cancer fast track. It scares the hell out of me not knowing. I have been told it can be many things, not just cancer but I have to say, I feel comforted by the fact it's not just being dismissed & being looked in to. Hopefully neither of us have cancer but knowing they are taking it seriously & looking at all the possibilities makes me feel better. I have my fingers crossed for you. 

• Hi Loomc 50 .. Thank you for reply x

I went to see gynaecologist today had scan etc and he told me that he can see some debris so had biopsy done . Ask if he thinks it's Cancer was told by the looks of it he would say no but better to wait for results what he said would take 2 weeks 

Trying now to put it out of my mind otherwise I will go insane .

Here to hoping we both are ok and all clear