Possible Tonsil Cancer

Hi all 

I’ve recently had a small growth appear on my right tonsil. Apart form this I’ve had no other symptoms , I have not had sore throat or felt any pain or discomfort

When my Gp examined she could see my tonsils were enlarged and was surprised I had not felt any affects. There appears to be a small growth about 1cm long which has white marks on the end. I can feel it move in the back of my throat and  she didn’t know what this was and has referred me for an urgent EMT appointment and advised they might need to take a biopsy.

I can’t help but worry if this cancer , has anyone had a similar experience ? 

• Hello Jman
    I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this health concern at the moment. We've some information on our website about having a biopsy that may be of help for you. I've linked it here

We do have quite a few members here who have been through tests for tonsil cancer. You can find lots of posts by using the search function (magnifying glass in the blue bar at the top of the page) and I'm sure that if you commented on one of the threads that you'd get a reply. 

I hope that you don't have to wait too long for your appointment. Do let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes,
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator