Possible lymphoma?

Hi all, 

I found a lump in my neck, on the right side just above my collar bone. Its completely hard and sometimes painful. I went to see my GP and he found a few smaller ones in my neck under my jaw. 

He suspects lymphoma so referred me for an ultrasound and blood tests and a biopsy. Blood tests came back okay, I'm still waiting to have the ultrasound. 

I've had a few occasions of night sweats, have developed reynauds and having dizzy spells. It feels like the lump may be pressing on a nerve now. 

Other than that I feel relatively fine? Would lymphoma have shown up in the blood tests? Have to wait till the 14th to find get my ultrasound and biopsy results. Just wondering what the chances are really.

• Hiya, 

While i can't offer specific advice i want you to know you are not alone :) 

I had symptoms like itching, night sweats, exhaustion, weird blood results and was sent to haematology back in may/june and was apparently was clear for lymphoma/ blood issues but the only real way to rule out lymphoma is a biopsie as some times it doesnt show in bloods. I am back in the 2ww now under the breast clinic as i found a lump in my armpit around 4 weeks ago so didnt have anything to biopse m9nths ago and feel that my throat is tight and looks puffy at times so while no specific lump in neck they are swollen according to one doctor. 

I digress most of the time people are cleared from cancer so i dnt want others to panic ! Ive heard around here that it can just be reactive lymph nodes ect there is lots it can be. 

I hope you get good results!! 

Keep us updated :) 

• Hello! I can’t offer specific advice but from colleagues/ etc (I work in the hospital) they’ve often said bloods cnscime back fine

im in the same boat. I’ve been poorly for months, have had swollen rock hard painless lymph nodes in my head/ear/groin/armpit for months, abnormal blood tests, weight loss, can’t eat, night sweats, sickness, uncontrollable itching. All over my body and it’s onlh taken them 10 months to refer me to haematology. Got my fast track appt on Monday

• Hey there

Sorry to hear you've been going through this.

My lymphoma never showed up on my blood tests, and wasn't suspected at all. I had been getting pain in my back and groin which they thought was a ovarian cyst but after scans identified my lymph nodes were up and that's how I began the process of being diagnosed.

Your doctor is being really on the ball sending you for a referral now, so many times I hear people saying that they are told to wait three months etc and see if the nodes go down. 

So as scary as it might all seem it's definitely the right thing to get you checked out now.

Hope the wait for your results goes as quickly as it can.

If you have any questions or need any help please @ me and I'll do my best to help you .

Sending wishes

Rose

• Hello, I am going through something similar . I found a lump in neck went to doctor's and she said it was a lymph node and to monitor size and if it's not gone in 3 weeks I need to go back for blood tests and ultrasound. I have no other symptoms but am still very worried. I hope everything is ok with you. I am only 28 with 2 daughter's and the thought that this is something serious terrified me.

• Sorry to hear about what you're going through.

Hopefully it's nothing, and it often is, but it's good that the doctor wants to monitor you. The issue with lymphoma is that a lot of the time it just doesn't get picked up. The good thing about lymphoma is that it's very treatable and has high remission rates. 

I know it's a scary time but I am 27 and finishing up my chemotherapy for lymphoma and it's going into remission. It's better to know about it sooner rather than later.

Having said all that it could be nothing! But I just think the best thing I can do is to be open and honest about it.

Sending everyone wishes and as I say if you need anything just shout me.

All the best

Rose

• Thank you for replying to me. You are so brave and I'm very happy you are recovering well.

I'm not sleeping properly and when I do I'm dreaming about it. Today I have a sore throat and pains all down my neck do you think this is anything more to worry about? I have anxiety anyway and this is just sending my anxiety through the roof. My lump is literally the size of a pea and when I went to my GP I asked the question, do you think it's cancer and her reply was no, but this still hasn't given me any reassurance, having lumps is scary!

Sophie x

• Having lumps is scary!! I was freaking out yesterday about the lump i have ‍♀️

My gp said i don't think its cancer but yeah i know what you mean!!!

The pains down your neck could be an anxiety symptom but worth mentioning when you get your appointment if it continues. 

I have my appointment on the 10th so ill be pulling my hair out till then hahaha i hope your appointment goes well !!

Xx

• Oh no! Sounds like you're really going through it atm. How was your appointment?

I had my ultrasound today and they did the biopsy. Have to go back on Tuesday for the results. The lady said the lump is a few lymph nodes that have sort of joined together for some reason, not just one big lump. This whole process is very confusing 

• I have anxiety too and I think alot of the time if you're worried about something you can get yourself so worked up you start having other physical symptoms. Of course if something persists and you're concerned about it then definitely speak to your GP. 

I've been keeping myself distracted at work. It's only really night time that I start to worry! Just keep telling myself whether it's good or bad news theres nothing I can do to change it. Just have to accept it and then make a plan to move forward.

I realise it's not always easy to do that, I'm 26 and dont have any children, so I can only imagine it's even more worrying to have little ones to consider too. I hope it all works out for you and you get some answers ASAP!

• Thankyou for replying! How are you doing now then? 

I think it's scary because it seems some people can feel reasonably well and have normal bloods but then still be diagnosed. 

We named my lump Wilfed because you cant have a sinister lump named Wilfred :D the lady at my ENT appointment said alot of people name them which I thought was quite funny