possible bowel cancer, 4 month wait for hospital app

Hello, I am a 50 year old woman.I have had bleeding from my bowel several times and am very aneamic,have spent most of this morning on the toilet as my bowel habits have changed drastically in the past few months.

my dr has put me on iron tablets, and says i also have under active thyroid.had a bowel screening but didnt show blood.

she said I should see the GI at the hospital and they will tell me if i need to have a colonoscopy.. the only issue i have with that is, I have to wait 4 months for this hospital appointment, My dr told me I had to make this appointment myself. 

I feel that this is a long time to have to wait, for someone presenting with so many symptons of bowel cancer.

im hoping someone can reasure me this is normal, and its the usual time you would expect to wait to be seen.

thankyou for reading 

jackie

• Hi Jackie I'm also going through the same only this week I went to my doctor I'm always impacted bowl doesn't empty always constipated anemic constantly chronic pain feel the need to be on the toilet but carnt go so my doctor did internal and felt a lump and very blocked instantly she booked a colposcopy for 2 weeks time if I was you I would go back 4 months is along time to wait I'm constantly tired carnt eat much as I'm blocked to much I'm hoping mine isn't cancer but tumours do cause impacted bowl I do hope you can get sorted sooner than 4 months x

• Hi there, did you have any answers as to what the lump found was?