Pins & Needles after neck dissection 3 years ago

God I have pins and needles in both hands and arms if I hold them up to read or type! Anybody else had this after a neck dissection 

• Hi Kirk, 

Sorry to hear that you're having this problem. Is it something new? If it is then probably worth getting it checked out to see what is causing it. 

I get pins and needles in my one arm from an old sporting injury so can appreciate how frustrating it can be when you want to do something and your hand won't co-operate! 

Hopefully you'll either be able to get the problem fixed or you'll find some interesting ways to adapt to the problem! :) 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Thank you Jenn  it's certainly frustrating as you know yourself. I can't feel my arms in the mornings, quite frightening really. 

i think it's nerve damage but just thought I would see if it's common with my type of cancer. Your always there blesss you 

Carol

• After a long wait, I've started having Botox in the back of my neck and shoulders. It's seems to be helping but only lasts about 2 months. I'm so frustrated with all the after affects of radiotherapy and surgery, I've had to stop working as the pain has become so unbearable sitting in an upright position  at my desk all day and the painkillers cause so much fatigue.  I also have terrible cramps in my jaws when I yawn or try to over chew food. Hopefully I will get my pension now on ill health grounds, wish me luck guys!

Carol