I had the first round of paxitaxol chemotherapy, and it floored.me i had so.much pain that week,I had to get some morphine from my doctor to help me get through the week.
The second dose ,my oncologist lowered it by 25%,but I only.managed to have 7mls put into my body and I had a horrible reaction, my body was burning up,and I had a bright red face and chest, and it affected my breathing, so it was stopped. Ive been waiting all week for my oncologist to decide what he was going
to dor regarding my treatment. If he was going to.give me another paxitaxol drug,or change it completely, or stop my treatment altogether as it was only offered as a precautionary measure. Ive been calling chemotherapy unit every day scince Monday to find out,but my oncologist had not got back to them. Today I was told my oncologist is in a meeting with the pharmacy to.discuss what chemotherapy drugs will be more suitable for me,and so they still.do.not know. Thry said they will let me know as soon as my oncologist lets them know but the day I have my treatment may have to be changed again. This will be the 2nd time I've had to change my appointments, like my blood tests etc,which if I.have to do takes ages on the phone as its to.be booked.by telephone appointments only,but it does look like I'll still.be receiving treatments, the last one i had that was stopped would of been my second one out of four,so as it was stopped,will ihave to only have 2 more or will1 more be added on.iIwill have to wait and see.
Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so how was the rest of your treatment.