Pancreatic cancer

My husband has pancreatic cancer and secondary liver

Today the oncologist told us the Ct scan came back as showing there is nothing else they can do.

I guess I knew it was going to happen eventually just pushed it out the way. Now I feel so lost and scared can't stop crying 

• We are in same position. It is hard to cope. Some days it is hard to get out of bed and carry on. We have to try to be strong and take a day at a time. It's good to put your fears into words  here and know others feel just as you do. Sending hugs 

• I'm in the same position it's so difficult and so sad to watch someone suffer but you must stay strong for him , you can't take the cancer away and you can't go to the dark places he goes but you can just be there and that's doing your best . I'm finding it so hard too , what to say , my husband believes he's going to survive he's in denial! And I suppose that's his way of coping ,he gets very cross and I find that so hard but we must keep going .

stay strong friend

• My husband passed away this afternoon it was so hard last night with him shouting out in pain. He was a very private and strong man that kept fighting on I know he was fighting on for me even though it was a losing battle because he knew I didn't want to go on without him. Feeling like the pain is through me. Am sitting home now realising he won't be here again am screaming out in pain because I can't bear it

• We are so sorry for your loss Horsewithnoname. Sincere condolences from the Cancer Chat team.

We are all here for you if you need to talk as are some of our members like [@SusanRuth]‍ or [@Loopy42]‍  who also just lost a partner to cancer and know exactly how you are feeling at the moment.

We are thinking of you during this difficult time.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

•  Oh my darling, it is so painful isn’t it? Every time you think about it the realisation just comes back afresh and you feel you can’t breathe, you’ve been punched in the stomach. You want to cry, you want to throw up and yes, scream. 

My heart goes out to you, nothing anybody can say or do will make you feel any better. Just try very hard to practice some deep breathing when the grief hits you. Concentrate on an inanimate object, an ornament, picture and just focus and breathe deeply until you feel a little calmer.  Then perhaps go and sit somewhere quiet, get some fresh air, have a soak in the bath. Anything just to help you relax. 

I take some comfort from the fact that Steve held my hand two days before he died and told me he was ready. It is a very small comfort but we must let them go.

I am here if you need any help, just private message me. 

Take care, and so, so sorry you are going through this. 

Xxx