Pancreatic Cancer

Hi , I am looking for advise for my mother in law, we lost my father in law 8 weeks ago.  We are all struggling with grief in different  ways.  She feels she has been let down from diagnoses , his treatment was bad , so she has a lot of anger .  We have tried counselling one to one , but he had no experience of losing some one.  I have been in touch with McMillan but again I feel we have been let down.  They took paperwork away .  Does anyone know of a support group in Bournemouth I could take her to .

• Hi there ... can't help with groups in your area, hopefully there will be someone on here with that info ... but I just wanted to say, what an amazing daughter in law you are ... 

Sadly grieving can take all forms, and having treatment she's not happy with, makes it worse .. there's a good book by Paul McKenna called how to mend a broken heart, for all forms of losses ...he shows you how to bring good memories out and push away sad ones ... it really helped my other half, 15 years ago when he lost his wife to breast cancer, and he couldn't get the picture of her at the end out of his head .. he followed the instructions, until he was left with the funny things she did, and all the wonderfull memories she'd shared with him ... and with a wonderfull daughter in law like you to hold her hand, she will get there ... but remember it's only 8 weeks, and that's still in the raw stage ... the more she can talk about him, even bringing a few tears, will help ... we still talk about my partners wife occasionally...

Hopefully you'll get some other ideas on here to from others ... take care ... chrisie xx