Palliative care

Hello everyone. 

I created this profile has I’ve just come across a girl who’s mum has been given weeks to live with lung cancer.

i too have only just received the news that my mum also has been given weeks to live I feel lost. I’m taking care of my mum at the moment but it’s so hard to stand by & watch someone you love go through so much physical & phycological pain & confusion. 

I hope I find your profile again may be we can help each other through this frighting time.

jo x 

•  

Hi Jo and a very warm welcome to Cancer Chat.

I am so sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis. I am afraid that I cannot help you much here as I have breast cancer.

Can I suggest that you go to the blue banner at the top of this page and click search. Insert lung cancer into the box and click. This will give you previous posts on the topic.

I lost my mum to metastases in liver, lungs, brain and bones after having breast cancer for 12 years and know just how heart-breaking it can be to watch a loved one go through all this.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go.

We are always here for both of you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• This is extrememly kind of you Jo... I'm so sorry about your mother, I just lost mine. 
    Make sure you tell her you love her as much as possible, make her comfortable and do something you used to do together to make her smile. Hope you stay strong, xxx