Pain after 2 months partial kidney removal

Hi i was diagnosed with a kidney cancer.

Fortunately was early stage and in less the a month it was removed with a piece of the kidney.

All went well ,but now 2 months later i expecting  a better recover it was keyhole

I feel like burning on the side and wonds area.i even felt pumping my back.

Any one has the same.im also diabetic and scared of infection.i still hv one wond not dried

• Hello Irondas and welcome to our forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with kidney cancer and are now having what sounds like a tough time recovering from your surgery but I'm glad it was caught early.

Hopefully some of our members who have been in a similar situation will come along shortly with words of advice and support but until then I thought I might leave you with some info we have on our web page about kidney cancer surgery (follow up). I hope this can help a bit.

Also, feel free to give our cancer nurses and ask any question you may have. Their lines are open Monday - Friday between 9 a.m - 5 p.m on 0808 800 4040.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thank you for replying, onlysee it now.sure ill rske a look into website.

• I had my left kidney removed due to cancer in November 2018. I am back at work . I still have discomfort in my left side of my stomach and is tender. Does anyone know if this is normal and should I still feel so tired.

• Hi, I had a partial right kidney removal on 6th Nov 2018 and I feel the exact same. I get pain all over my right side from my back through to my stomach too. The consultant has had a look at my scans and cant give me a reason for it x

• Hi, i also had a partial nephrectomy on 5th November 2018 due to a bosniak 3 cancerous tumour on my left kidney. After the surgery i was as sore as i expected to be, but after those first few weeks i started to feel much better and at  first i seemed to have 'healed', however i now get pain, regularly. It's similar to the pain i had before the surgery... Has anyone else felt similar since having a partial nephrectomy!?? Thanks.  

• Its been a year since i had my kidney cancer operation 7th march 2017 i still have pain in my tummy and my side where the operation was had it all checed all OK have nodule in my lungs now they are keeping an eye on this still on medication still having pain and sweating alot .problems sleeping all night but at least im alive and watch my kids and grandchild grow up thanks to the care of the NHS. I owe them my life

• Hi. I was recently diagnosed with renal cancer, this was an incidental finding when checking out a nodule in my lung (also another incidental finding!) I wonder if there is a link or just a coincidence. I had a full kidey removed almost 5 weeks ago and I too am concerned about still experiencing pain in my back and sharp shocky type pains near the wound sites, I was led to believe I would be further along the road to recovery by now. Reading these posts though makes me think I will feel this way for a bit longer :(

• I had part of my kindy took Way and lazered around  the aera i also have a build up off fluid that's been there over a year but is slowly reducing the fluid is waste fluid urine they said unless i have signs of infection they are happy to let it go away its self.i know what goes on in your mind any other pains you feel I wonder if its cancer . only people that's went through cancer or lived around cancer understands.

• Riggers i feel your pain and your emotions keep your head up it gets easier bud   i was a smoker 20 fags a day the doctor says that's what caused mine 

• Thanks Jim

I too smoked till 10 yrs ago. I know I have to be patient and let my body heal but its so frustrating not being as active as before, being a wife and mother makes it difficult for me to sit back and let others look after me. 

X