Pain

Hi

I had nipple and skin mastectomy with expander 8 days ago. I have been ok keeping on top of the pain, have been doing the exercises and I'm mobile. I still have a drain and had my dressings removed on Tuesday.

Since yesterday afternoon my breast has been really painful, to touch and when I move. The pain is from between breasts up the whole inside and seems to be where the expander is as I can feel it under the skin. I get occasional sharp pains in my nipple too.

I don't feel like I've been overdoing things but yesterday morning I removed my post surgery bra for the first time to have a shower. I bent over (mistake) to pick something up and felt my breast 'flap' move, twice.

I wonder if this could be the cause?

I called the ward this morning with drainage amount and mentioned the pain but was told to keep taking pain killers and see how it goes. 
Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Jane x

•  

Hi Jane,

A very warm welcome to our forum.

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I can't tell you what caused this, but watch out for any signs of infection. If the area is getting red, hot or swollen and increasingly painful, contact your breast care nurse.

It is still early days, so here's hoping that all settles down soon.Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx