Overwhelmed

Hi. Im Kirsty. Aged 43. I found a lump in my breast a few weeks ago. I was referred to hospital for a mammogram and ultrasound. They found three lumps one of which was in my lymph node. They took biopsies and inserted clips.

They told me it was cancer within half an hour without the biopsy results. Ive currently been in limbo for 11 days as my next appt to find out my treatment isnt until tomorrow  (28th feb).

Its been like groundhog day this week. My emotions have settled but know they will be all over the place again tomorrow.

• Sorry to hear your news Kirsty, its the waiting thats the worst part but cancer can be curable nowadays try and stay positive hopefully you have lots of love and support around you. I was diagnosed two weeks ago after waiting 10 days for my biopsy results, I am now 5 days post op after a mastectomy, it is a very emotional time and pretty much all you can think about Im sure, it helps me to talk about it with my close friends, family and doctors and nurses, take every day as it comes and deal with it one step at a time x

• Sorry to hear. I also had stage 2 breast cancer - diagnosed dec 30, lumpectomy feb 1, results feb 16 & now await radiation. I'm afraid waiting is really hard but try to talk, meditate & light exercise so that you're stronger to face what's ahead. It will be hard & you'll have ups & downs but you'll get there. This forum helps alot & getting out when you feel able (long walk) all do help. Hope it goes well.

JB

• Hi. 

I got my results and there was cancer in all three lumps. I need an mri to attain th size of the mainpart. I have to have chemo for 6 months and then an op. The op depends on how much it has shrunk. Its more than likely going to be a mastectomy then radiotherapy. It wasnt what i wanted to hear but ive got a good support network of friends and family. Xx