Ovaries

hi,

i nervous about posting here. Since my mum passed I always worry about having cancer. We have a bowel cancer gene. Not the usual ones: yet to be defined. 

But my question is ovaires. Doors bowel cancer risks increase ovaries risk? 5 months ago I went to the doctor with a niggle in my lower right abdomen. I’ve just been back as occasionally I feel a mass there. It’s weirdo in that it comes and goes. Twice though my husband has felt it and said it feels like a bulging mass. It’s not linked to when I wee or poo and I feel it when laying on my back. 

I have been a bit more incontinet, have thyroid they can’t place as high and then low, have taken to napping mid day. But also have three kids under four (although all now sleep through). 

My main aim question is about the disappearing mass? As when I told my octor she said she pretty much couldn’t feel it so it didn’t exist. Also that ovarian cancer mass wouldn’t be felt at all as so deep? 

Thoughts? I’m booked in for ultrasound on Wednesday at my request. 

• Hi, my circumstances are in no way the same as yours but I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome and have done for nearly 16years. I've had many cysts on my remaining right ovary, over the years some have the cysts have been felt and sometimes my ovary can become enlarged possibly due to ovulation or because of a cyst. When the cyst bursts on its own it can be excruciating but id rather that than keep having surgeries.

Good luck with your scan i hope its nothing serious and given your family history you should be entitled to request a scan when ever you'd like within reason. I can because of my history.