Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Ovarian cystectomy results 3 week wait

19 Sep 2019 22:26

3 weeks ago I had surgery to remove a 12 cm cyst from my right ovary. 

Previous to this I had raised CA125 and constant bloated feeling along with always needing to pee. 

I went for all the scans offered and was booked on but it has now been 3 weeks since surgery and I’ve heard nothing! 

When I came around from my operation I asked to see my notes and was told everything would be on my discharge letter but all that said was elective labrotomy for cyst removal.

im trying to keep busy but I’m not getting any answers about anything right now! 

Hiw long have others waited for histology in similar situations? 

Ovarian cystectomy results 3 week wait

22 Sep 2019 10:27 in response to Rebeccajayne

Hello Rebeccajayne, 

How frustrating it must be for you at the moment to not be getting any answers. You're doing the right thing though in keeping busy and distracted while waiting as this uncertainty can be so difficult to deal with. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long now before you find out more. 

I hope you will meet others on our forum who have been in a similar situation and that they will be along soon to tell you more about how long they themselves had to wait for histology results. If you see you are not getting anywhere, do give your doctor or your hospital a call to try and chase things and explain that you have been waiting for three weeks and haven't heard anything yet and are desperate for answers. 

I hope it all goes well for you and that you find out more very soon. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator