Ovarian cyst

Hello, I have had a benign ovarian cyst for 18 months now.  This week I had it rescanned and was told there were changes in the cyst.  Papillary projections and solid areas, but encapsulated.  Saw gynae consultant yesterday who has ordered an MRI scan and said I will need the cyst removed.  Feeling very worried it may well be cancer and what stage it may be.  I'm 61yrs.

Not sure if I'm posting this on the right page?

• Hi, hope you get it sorted soon. It is a worrying time when you dont know whats going on. Has your ultrasound shown any vascularity or free fluid? I had an enlarged ovary a couple of years back which was marked suspicious as it contained fluid and solid components. It turned out to be endometriosis. While waiting for a diagnosis, I was reading all I could about ovarian tumors and cysts and have to say that malignant one are quite rare even if they are complex. So it is ALWAYS more likely to be a benign cyst than not. Good luck 

• Thankyou for replying to my message.  I haven't been told if there is any vascularity or free fluid.  My CA125 was normal, which is encouraging.  Just confusing when I was told 18th months ago and 1yr ago that it was benign.