ovarian cancer

Today I received some very unfortunate news regarding my aunty. My aunty was diganosed with ovarian cancer today. This will be her second time battling cancer as she was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer 21 years ago. I am very, very close to my aunty and I am really worried regarding if she is going to get through it or not. What are the survival rates of overian cancer? Is the outlook good? She is having a scan to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else across her body, then having surgery to remove her womb, ovaries and tubes to then move onto chemo. Has anyone had this experience before battling ovarian cancer?

Would really appreciate some info regarding ovarian cancer. 

• Hi Kieran, 

I'm really sorry to hear your aunty was diagnosed with ovarian cancer today and can understand your thoughts and concerns. I have included some information we have about ovarian cancer for you to have a look at but if you would like to chat to someone about this do give our cancer nurses a call. They're available Monday - Friday on 0808 800 4040 between 9a.m - 5p.m.

Hopefully other members who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer will pop by to share their experiences with you soon but do feel free to use the 'search forum' option in the blue bar above to find and join in on other chats about this cancer.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator