Ovarian cancer

Hi there

Seeking some advice/knowledge/experience.

For around 12 months I have notice swelling/bloating of my abdomen, throughout the month. My periods are regular and bleeding is as normal, however the pain is increasingly worse each month. I have a heavy ache / low dragging feeling in my pelvis, both front and back all the time. Sometimes I feel the best way to describe my experience is "an internal bruise".

I saw my GP last week who did a urine sample, blood tests and internal swabs and examination. She mentioned that she was sending me for an urgent scan to rule out ovarian cancer and also requesting the specific ovarian cancer blood test, despite me not being "in the norm" for this cancer type.

All swabs/urine/bloods came back negative yesterday but I am still awaiting the scan. I thought this was good news, however upon doing research (on appropriate sources and medical journals) it seems that the CA125 is not always effective in determining ovarian cancer, particularly in the early stages and for people under 50/pre menopausal. A couple of resources state it only flags cancer in 50% of early stage cancer.

I know I need to sit tight and wait for the urgent scan date but I just wondered if anyone else had a negative blood result but a scan that then diagnosed cancer? I would rather prepare myself for the worst.

For reference I am 33 years old, which I know is a young age for this type of cancer. There is family history of breast cancer (both sides) but relatives, not immediate family.

Thank you for reading.