ovarian cancer

hello all

new to this site I'm glad I've found it. This is not my first time with cancer. In 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I got the "all clear" last February after 5 years of treatment. But cancer had not finished with me yet. On April 1st (what a sense of humour it has) I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Not connected at all. So surgery in may and after several setbacks I'm still trying t recover. So onward and upward here's to a better 2017

• Hi Micky, Your post is the first one I saw here. I sorry you have been diagnosed with cancer again, I hope your surgery in May goes well. May I ask what your symptoms were?
  • Hello, sorry for the late reply. I've had my op last may and treatments done. Should all be finished this may. I went to the doctors with what I thought was IBS. Swollen abdomen constipation and diarrhoea. They started with a blood test then an ultra sound then MRI and ct scans. I would highly recommend getting checked with any of these symptoms.
  • Hi Micky, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 as well, had chemo then mastectomey the radiotherapy. All clear from that then in 2013 I found I had ovarian cancer. They done a blood test after I had my hystererectomy and appendix removed as it had spread. Then in April this year I had a small siezure whcih they found to be caused by a tumour on my brain. When removed it was found to be a secondary tumour from the ovarian. Also blood test showed I have the BRAC gene. Had chemo again and all scans have been clear. I am now on new drug everyday to delay the return of cancer. It is hard to keep going and try not to think too much about what may be happening. Nights are the worst as I can't seem to switch off and everything replays in my mind. Also get panicked if I feel a new pain or new swelling appears. Good luck for 2017, as you say onward and upward. Her's to us and all other sufferers out there. Take care.