Ovarian cancer

Hi everyone. I am a very worried 46 year old. 6 months ago I was told I was perimenopausal and put on hrt. I went to see the doctor 2 weeks ago for a review and mentioned a few symptoms. Irregular bleeding, bloating, heavy tummy and discomfort in my tummy area. I went for a transvaginal ultrasound scan last Monday and the lady told me I had a large cyst on my left ovary and they would refer me to gynae due to its size (9.3cm)  3 days later my doctor calls to tell me I also have a smaller complex cyst on my right ovary that needs further investigation. I am booked in for a blood test tomorrow to check my tumor markers and the referel to gynae has been changed to urgent. All this has knocked me for six. Why did they only mention the large cyst and not the smaller one on the day of my scan?  I can't think straight at the moment and I am constantly thinking the worst. Only my manager at work knows because I couldn't go back to work after the call from my doctor and my husband. I don't want anyone else knowing as I don't want to worry family and friends unnecessarily. Does anyone have any similar experience or words of advice that might keep me sane over the next few weeks. Sorry for the rant x

• I had a similar experience with ovarian cysts mine were both complex l had scans and bloods taken? I saw a gynaecology registrar who said nothing will be done due to Covid, when my appointment came and l spoke with my gynaecology oncology surgeon she said when they could remove them. 
    l was listed and had surgery 8 weeks later, my cysts were stuck Down with extensive adhesions they couldn't find the left overy it was so embedded so the the one hour operation became a 4 1/2 hr one. 

lts taken a while to get back to normal but now lm pleased they have been removed. 
    l hope you have a normal procedure without adhesions 

take care 

Susie 

i

• Thanks for the reply susie. Bloods done today so that's one step further to finding out what's going on. I hope you continue to recover well x

• I'm pleased to say that my cysts were benign l hope yours will be to, they were removed as they can be precancerous at my age my overies should no longer be active or enlarged. The cysts were found when I had a colonoscopy for left sided pain and bowel symptoms so it was all a big surprise to be referred to gynaecology oncology. 
    susie

• Glad to know they where benign   I will be happy to get the same news. Just a waiting game. Now x