ovarian cancer

I went to the Dr in October because my belly was becoming really bloated and I'm needing to go for a wee every 20/30 minutes. was confirmed I was definitely not pregnant and I didnt have a UTI but when I mentioned then about an ultrasound I was dismissed and the Dr was really rude, tried insinuating at one point that I must of eaten as my belly wouldn't of been as bloated as it was if I hadn't. I already had really irregular periods but I've now started spotting in between periods and after sex too. I had a blood test unrelated in January and my total WBC was 17.5 which is like super high and over a month later it had only gone down to 12.5 which is still quite high but they never did any follow ups or anything..  I spoke to my Dr again and said theres seriously something not right I look like I'm in my late months of pregnancy and it is persistent, doesn't matter how little or much I eat or how frequently I release my bowels my belly is literally the same? I had a drs appointment for them to have a feel and although she said she couldn't necessarily feel any mass or cyst or whatever the right side of my belly was quite tense / hard. I've got my ultrasound appointment booked for this coming Friday and am quite anxious. I would like to point out I have had a rectopexy operation as I had a rectal prolapse and they found a polyp in my colon when they did a colonoscopy at the end of 2016. mid 2016 I went for an ultrasound for a pregnancy and was told I had miscarried but that there was a golf ball sized cyst on one of my ovaries but I was so hysterical that I left and there has never been any follow up in relation to that cyst but my doctor said on the phone yesterday I should of been having a scan every 3/6 months to check? 

• Hi meganlouisa,

I'm sorry to read about your worries and everything you've been through recently. Unfortunately there's nothing much I can say to advise other than to say it's good that you now have an appointment booked to find out more - and hopefully it won't be too long to wait for results following that. This should give some clear information.

I hope it all goes well this week and in the meantime prior to the appointment do try to keep busy to keep your mind off things.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator