Oral Cancer

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with mouth and throat cancer.

Anyone else?

I have been told I will have mouth reconstruction and new teeth.  Does anyone have experience of this!

• Hello Ali! 

Welcome to the forum although I'm sorry that you find yourself dealing with this diagnosis. 

We do have quite a number of members here who have had different experiences of oral/head/neck cancer so you are definitely not alone! One of our stalwart members of that group is the lovely [@Vatch]‍ and I'm sure that he will be able to give you some advice and point you in the right direction to link up with others too. :)

We have some information on our website about mouth cancer which I've linked for you and if you'd like to talk to one of our nurses at any point then you can call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. 

Do keep in touch Ali and let us know how things are. 

Sending our best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Ali 

welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your news

i am now 2.5 years post treatment for throat cancer and doing well .... there are many of us on here who have been through this process and can help and give you tips on how to deal with what's a head of you

we are always here to help and listen

why don't you start but telling us wher you are in the process and what has been explained to you so far

also feel free to ask anything you want

the floor is yours

vatch

• Thanks Jenn that's a lovely welcome.

• Thanks Vatch,

A lovely welcome from you.  My cancer is on the left side of the roof of my mouth and my throat.

I have just had MRI & CT scans today.

Going for a team meeting at Poole Hosp. on thd 4th, so I will know more after that.

I have been told that I will have a stoma in my stomach and new teeth, but tha's all so far.

Ali.

• Ali

i wrote a blog all the way through my treatment, I assume the stoma in your stomach you reference is actually you feeding tube, a PEG......

i have enclosed the link to my blog it gives you and insight to the treatment

i hope it helps

gammaraygary.wordpress.com/.../

i hope your meeting on the 4th goes well

vatch